Eric Musselman’s 10 Points of Leadership
1. People follow the leader first, and the leader’s vision second.
2. Trust is the force that connects people to the leader and the vision.
3. Leadership is not just about what you do, but who you can inspire, encourage and empower others to do
4. A leader brings out the best within others by sharing the best within themselves.
5. Just because you are driving the bus, doesn’t mean you have the right to run people over – RESPECT
6. Rules without Relationships leads to Rebellion
7. Lead with optimism, enthusiasm and positive energy. Guard against pessimism and “weed out” negativity.
8. Great leaders know they do not have all the answers.
9. Leaders inspire and teach their people to focus on solutions, not complaints.
10. Great leaders know that success is a process, not a destination.
Compliments of Old Dominion Women’s Basketball